Friday, November 21, 2008

Please Hold



Trent called Moonridge Farms today since my cellphone is out of commission. He spoke with the horse's owner and told him that we'll be taking her, but we're having trailer trouble so he may have to hold her for a bit.

The owner said that was fine, just send a check or money order through the mail for part of her cost and that will hold her. That way they can mark her sold. I guess someone else was coming by to look at her today and he just needs some security that we're serious about buying her in case someone else wants to take her off his hands.

I'm ok with that. I made a copy of the money order (which is set at the low price of $100), a copy of the letter face and address, and I'm sending it out tomorrow. I'm also holding tightly onto that reciept so I have proof that I got his money and sent it out to him.

I'm super stoked about this. In a week or two I'll be grooming the burrs right out of her mane and tail, wiping her down with a washcloth to get all that pasture mudd off her, and standing her for her first photo shoot. I can't wait to see those first couple moments when she sees her new farm, and I'm just excited in general about spending time with her and finally acclimating her to the world she'll have to deal with since she's not a wild mustang (damn those lucky bastards).

The mail will be sent out tomorrow and I'm bouncing with glee. I just can't wait!

No comments: