Thursday, November 20, 2008

Trailor Trash

I'm SO frustrated right now.

Trent and I went to go see a 3 year old appendix filly and I adored her. Everyone online told me not to bother, her eye didn't have that "calm" look. Whateveh. We went to go see her and she's a doll.

Exactly what I'm looking for. Nothing big, decent with the conformation and enough life to challenge me safely. I don't want a deadhead 3 year old horse. They tend to not have enough spirit to get up and compete later on in life. They're good trail horses...just lack the fire it takes to get them elsewhere. I can tell this filly had the right stuff if taken slowly...and lets face it. I'm pregnant, lazy and I hate the cold. It can't get much slower than that.



We're buying her for the dirt cheap price of $250. Trent and I are splitting that cost. We'd be ready to pick her up by next weekend...IF we could find someone who's willing to loan us a frickin' trailor.

I'm a little frustrated, to say the least. I don't know what to do. Apparently, Trents friend Jimmy has a trailor. Its his trailor, but his girlfriend is making payments on it. Apparently she loaned it to one of her own friends last year without Jimmy's permission and they wrecked it. It's not broken, but now she refuses to loan it to anyone else.

Just wonderful.

Trent said that Jimmy would probably trailor her for us if I paid him. But seriously? Why would we ask him to do it for us for a price if we could do it ourselves and just not wreck the thing? It's a little frustrating, and we're getting nowhere fast. On the road I pass little farms with trailors just hanging out in their driveways. There must be at least 10 trailors on our road alone...and everytime I go down the road I stare longingly at them. I never thought I'd be this concerned with getting a trailor.

And I know what you guys must be thinking. If I can't find a trailor, then why should I get a horse? What happens if the horse is injured or so ill she needs to be shipped out?

Simple. A bullet. Either that or I WILL take Jimmy's trailor with or without paying him and get her help.

But this isn't an emergency, so I can't steal Trent's friends trailor without justification.

Trent has another friend around here who has a trailor...we were supposed to buy a QH mare from her but she just didn't spark my interest. She was...well, boring. I don't know whether there are hard feelings between that girl and us now since we didn't buy her horse, but I don't know why he hasn't asked her yet. Maybe I should.

God, I'm irritated. It's getting a bit harder everyday to bring this horse home. I don't want to hire a hauler just for an hour drive down the road. Why can't anyone just give us a trailor for a few hours? I've never crashed one. I've always returned them in the best condition. This is so dis-heartening.

In other news, theres a little rotty mix running around like an idiot outside. She's a real sweet dog. I gave her some food. I keep seeing her bolt back and forth across the lawn though. She has a collar mark around her neck but no collar, so I'm hoping she goes home before night falls.

5 comments:

Bleu_A_Kiss said...

Who said you shouldn't get her?

Bleu_A_Kiss said...

Hey I was thinking, aren't you close to MM. I wonder if there's a student that would let you borrow their trailer or go get her for you. You know they are all broke and would do it dirt cheap. Just a thought.

lazytrainer said...

Oh, none of my Manor friends said not to get her. They're all for her...apparently they know a bright looking animal when they see one! I showed her sale pictures to a message board though and NO ONE liked her eye and said she'd be a bad horse because it wasn't big and gentle. We'll see. I love proving people wrong.

Bleu_A_Kiss said...

Idiots!

ultimatedressage.com is a good forum

lazytrainer said...

Thanks! I'll check into it. I'm always up for something new