Friday, December 5, 2008

Time Is Near

The count down has begun and we're still full of "if"s.

Tomorrow I head down to a Festival of Lights with the whole fam damily except for the boyfriend, Trent. The poor guy was already dragged to Thanskgiving dinner and the annual Christmas Tree shopping gig. He's either doing this out of the kindness of his own heart, or he's using the opportunity to ditch another family occasion.

Tomorrow is Saturday, and Saturday is the only day our hay-selling friend is able to loan us his every-busy trailer. The horse has been saved, we have our money, and tomorrow, she'll be in our pasture. Big red gift bow is optional and preferable, but if she's delivered without it...hell, who am I to complain?

I'm a little torn. I really wanted to be there for her shipping so I can panic. You know...typical female "what if"s and the rightly timed anxiety attacks just complete the who trailering process. That, and we'll be tossing her automaticly into a pasture with two other horses. I had a whole system planned out to introduce her one by one to those horses, walk the fence line with her, and then finally let her go to tear around the place like someone had slapped a sticky bomb between her back legs and set it off.

Instead, I'll be Oohing and Ahhing at pretty little lights and stuffing my cannals with earplugs to drown out my louder-than-life niece. I tried discussing my introduction plan with Trent, and he just stared at me as though life wasn't hard enough, why would I want the shipping and acclimation of my new animal even harder? So I guess I'm freaking out a bit. She's my new horse and the last thing I want is for her to run through a fence because we didn't do anything to prepare her.

My friend says I'm over reacting, Trent thinks this as well too. So maybe I should just calm the hell down. I would REALLY like to be there...but maybe it's just best that I'm not and fate is pushing me away for that lone reason.

Either way, I'll be leaving Trent with a camera. Again, he stared at me. But I insisted that he take pictures. Theres going to be lots of squeals, rears, bucks, farts and bolts, and I want pictures damnit. I also warned him that if he dares to take a video of it like he did as a shortcut the last time I asked him to take pictures, I'll club him with a log of fire wood we just had delivered and I won't be sorry for it.

On another note, all of this will happen IF the trailer is available for our use tomorrow. IF. IF. Argh! I can't handle the IF part. I've been waiting for so long and now that the time draws near, I'm in a bit of a frantic state. I can only guess my bf is relieved that I'm not going. I don't blame him.

I'm hungry.

Bye!

No comments: